Unique opportunity to co-ordinate conferences and events for a premier functions destination in Outback Queensland.
South West Queensland’s leading destination for functions and events, located within attractive resort style accommodation, is seeking an experienced Conference and Events Manager to work with their exciting team.
This unique facility with 3 interconnecting function spaces caters for functions and events for up to 400 guests including gala dinners, networking events, trade shows and weddings as well as offering gourmet catering and 4 star accommodation in an attractive rural setting.
Reporting to the Property Manager, you will:
- be responsible for managing the booking from the initial enquiry through to execution of the event
- have a hands on approach to all aspects of event planning and the ability to maximise the potential of incoming enquiries as well as sourcing new business.
- actively oversee and take part in the set-up, turn around and pack down of the event space
- ensure the presentation of the conference and event centre is maintained at the highest standard.
Successful applicants must have:
- Previous experience and a passion for creating memorable functions and events
- A positive attitude and friendly nature
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Flexibility to work weekends and evenings when needed
- Excellent references
An attractive salary package of $50-60k plus super and accommodation be provided for the successful applicant.
Interested candidates should forward their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that as a result of the large volume of applications we receive only those candidates with the requisite experience will receive an acknowledgement.
Share This >