There are no current scheduled courses at this time. Please contact our Caretakers Managers for more information.
This 3 day program is designed to provide an overview of the roles and responsibilities of managing a motel. It is useful for individuals who are considering a career in motel management. Equally it can be used as a refresher course for those wishing to update or enhance their skills after an absence from the accommodation industry.
The program will be delivered by experienced accommodation and motel professionals who have had practical hands-on experience in the areas they are discussing. It is an interactive program where participants are encouraged to share their own experiences and knowledge through discussions and also provides an opportunity for practical learning.
- What’s behind the scenes? ‘A typical day in a Motel’
- Time management
- Staff management
- The ins and outs of housekeeping
- Property maintenance
- Restaurants and conferencing
- Food preparation
- Introduction to RMS reservation system
- Front desk management
- Sales and marketing
- Emergency management
- Employment advice
- Food Handling Level 1
- SITHKOP101 - Clean kitchen premises and equipment
- SITXFSA101 - Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFSA201 - Participate in safe food handling practices
Saturday 30th May - Monday 1st June, 2015
The course will be held at a property in Nagambie, Victoria (Transfers can be arranged from a central location in Melbourne for interstate and regional participants, at an additional fee).
- Three days of learning with experienced moteliers
- Introduction to Automated Reservations systems
- Lunch, Morning & Afternoon teas each day
- Practical demonstrations for essential skills
- Opportunity for advice re employment or investment
$1400.00 p.p. incl. GST